Monday, January 21, 2008

Best Friends

The term "Best Friends" is heard often around our house, as our daughter likes to often tell us we'll be her best friend forever and ever. I actually have this on video, and can't wait to show it to her when she's 17 and resigns from the "mama is the best person in the world" fan club. OK maybe at 16.

But this entry is truly about best friends. Hubby and I collectively over the years have friends from different stages of life.....Grade School - High School - College - Various Jobs - Church. It's truly such a blessing to have these friends in our lives. Although my parents didn't feel it was such a blessing when it came time for our wedding guest list, but that's another blog post! But this is about a certain type of friend. The kind of friend that you might not have seen in many months but when you do, you pick up like it was yesterday. Years later the same stories are just as funny and new memories are perseved each time you're together. During this busy season of life, we cherish the small little nuggets of time we have with them.

Well hubbies best friend flew in today from Watertown, NY. He left behind his sweet wife and triplets to come spend the evening with hubby. We only get to see them about once a year, but love them dearly! So hubby and friend just departed for a Syracuse/Georgetown game. Yes, he's from the Syracuse area, season ticket holder at that, but flew to DC to watch this game together. Can you say - HUGE FANS! They know every statistic about their teammates /opponents from hometown to three point field goal percentage. I sit and listen to the two of them talk in awe. But I LOVE that they do this each year. It's so important for both of them to have this time together.

Thanks for visiting....we love and miss you all! Go CUSE!

3 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Yea, it's nice to know that even if I never get around to responding to that email you sent me, we can still have a conversation a year from now. :-) Hugs!

Bringing Up Boys said...

I think Dinah Craik said it best when she wrote... "Oh, the comfort -- the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person -- having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away."

Just A Day in The Life Of said...

Friendship...it's a beautiful thing! My eyes filled with tears as I read your very sincere words. I am so happy they had that time together and look forward to a time when we can all get together. We miss you all and think of you daily.Your family is beautiful as are mama and papa! Love you guys and you miss you tons!!! The Widrick's
ps-Steve finally has arrived home safely-thanks