Thursday, March 11, 2010

Birthdays and Falls

We celebrated another birthday in our house this past week....it was hubby's turn. I planned a great surprise for him....and it actually worked! Since it's March Madness season, I noticed the last Syracuse game was this past Saturday. I called/FB'd his two former roommates who we haven't seen together since right after our wedding. We spent a night reminiscing with them and honestly felt like it was 10 years ago and we were 23. (ok so maybe a little older)

Oh and those little people....well Auntie D was sweet enough to come down and watch over them. They had a great time playing and so did Mom and Dad. Here is a picture of our evening with the roommates and the significant others....thanks guys for the great memories.


We stayed at this swanky new hotel. When we checked in, they asked if we would like a pet goldfish for the evening. Princess is still upset that I didn't bring him home.


As for the fall - you guessed it - Jimmo. I know you're not surprised. Last week he was running from the kitchen to the playroom and slammed into a door. A goose egg grew within seconds. So that was healing nicely but he needed to add a little more "texture" to his pretty face.

We've been working on transitioning/tantrums lately. It's tough for a little guy who can't speak, to tell you he doesn't want to go inside on this beautiful spring-like day. So what does he do, throw his body back in protest of course. Well this time he hit the pavement....face first. So here is our sweet boy after two injuries. I kept him home from school on Monday to let his lip heal a little more and for the swelling to go down. Luckily Miss Terrific Teacher understands this tantrum issue we're dealing with but others might have contemplated calling Child Services. But hey - at least we didn't have to go the ER again. Our fearless neighbor who is also our Pediatric nurse came to our rescue AGAIN!!! It's healing very well and already has a nice size scab - lovely! Oh and picture day is tomorrow - SWEET!

3 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Nasty one, Jimmo! Do you have Arnica for the goose eggs and bumps? It helps keep the bruising down. Buy it in gel form.

Happy B-day, Jimi!

Our Plain Life said...

I just posted a new post about Landon's recent string of bruises and bumps...then I read your post! Landon's got nothin on Jimmo!! That looks like it hurt!

Renee said...

Doesn't that always happen to kids right before picture day?