We have so much to be thankful over this past year. Amazing family, friends and neighbors that have come by our side. Very supportive therapists that have a sincere interest in our son and truly love him. A daughter that loves her brother unconditionally and will always be there for him. An early diagnosis that enabled us to begin the most effective therapy at an early age. Amazing scientists that are working diligently on a cure for Fragile X. That is one amazing year!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
One Year Ago
Today is the anniversary of our diagnosis of Fragile X. I remember the feeling all too well when the news was told to us, and I'm amazed how God has worked in our lives and made this diagnosis be such a light in our lives. Little man has grown and improved so much over this year. We're walking (HUGE), have good eye contact, purposeful playing, attempting to communicate, climbing stairs, sleeping better and still gives the best hugs this side of the Mississippi.
We have so much to be thankful over this past year. Amazing family, friends and neighbors that have come by our side. Very supportive therapists that have a sincere interest in our son and truly love him. A daughter that loves her brother unconditionally and will always be there for him. An early diagnosis that enabled us to begin the most effective therapy at an early age. Amazing scientists that are working diligently on a cure for Fragile X. That is one amazing year!
We have so much to be thankful over this past year. Amazing family, friends and neighbors that have come by our side. Very supportive therapists that have a sincere interest in our son and truly love him. A daughter that loves her brother unconditionally and will always be there for him. An early diagnosis that enabled us to begin the most effective therapy at an early age. Amazing scientists that are working diligently on a cure for Fragile X. That is one amazing year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
what a difference a year makes.
remembering with you, and grateful for all that we have learned from your family in the past year.
and that is one handsome boy you have there! sorry I missed seeing the kids at church. I tried to call...
There's a good looking boy! May our God continue to provide you and Jimi wisdom and insight. You all are dearly loved!
I Hope this works - because i'd really like to blog...this is AWEsome Buffy!!! I can't wait to see your entire family in just a mere 12 hours. Hopefully i'll figure out the secret password and get into the Order of the Grande and be a blogger!!! this is really amazing the progress you've made - and i really love getting an insight into your life. I always wanted to live next door to you - maybe now CA isn't so far away!
I just started balling at work (yes, I am my mother's daughter!!) One can only imagine what the next years can bring little Jimmo and your family. He will be kicking that soccer ball in no time! Just hope his contagious laugh never goes away...love you!!
Post a Comment