
Mama and princess are in the 2nd car...by the end her hands were waving in the air like a roller coaster pro!
European bungee jumping - hysterical!
Nana and princess riding the copter, little man was too short for this ride...next year buddy!
Since we've been home, we've been immersed in the preschool diagnostics process for Child Find. I'll keep my bureaucratic system comments off-line for now....grrrrr. Jimmo's portion of the testing is finally complete and now we have our parent conference, the eligibility meeting and finally the IEP. I will be so relieved to have this completed and then ready to enjoy the summer!
One last comment, hubby and I are thinking and praying about putting Jimmo on the gluten free casein free diet (GFCF) for a few weeks this summer before he starts school. This is an entire family undertaking and no small task at that. We figured a 4 week trial period would be much easier in the summer when he is with us 24x7. We have heard a few families have tried this with their Fragile X boys and have seen improvement in attention, behavior and the autistic tendencies that tend to accompany Fragile X. We'll keep you posted.
Big hugs to everyone and happy summer!!!!!



7 comments:
Gotta love Gluten Free!!! Good call on the "Living Without" magzine sis, great tips and recipes in there! This specific issue wouldn't have been great for the little man considering one of their main articles was on beer and wine!! haha
Timeline seems like forever with the IEP but remember you are your child's best advocate. They will have the goals already written BEFORE your IEP meeting and they will present them to you right then and there. Don't be surprised. Talk with J before hand and be ready with your own ideas of where you want to see him socially, academically, and with independence in 12 months time. They will have these goals written, so be prepared with your own. Check with K, I am sure she is a great resource. Email if you need anything. Also it is your right to reconvene the IEP committee at any time if you want to change anything. (((HUGS)))
PS Gluten free...cannot even imagine...I am having a hard enough time just getting on a post pregnancy diet change 14m later, LOL! :)
At least you will have easy access to ingredients and such. Good for you for giving it a try. **Big hugs, all the way around**
saw some tv show about a grain in ethiopia which is the "healthiest" in the world and gluten free. I've got to find it first & then try it. LOTS OF LOVE (LOL)
You'll have to let me know how the GFCF eating plans goes - I know how much you love your Italian food :)! But I also know that when it comes to family there is nothing you won't do for them - and if that means a whole new eating style you'll make it happen!
Good luck with the diet. It just seems really hard to do but at least a lot of products are clearly labeled now. Let us know how it goes. You are so dedicated! You need to start giving pep talks to other families; I have a few in mind.; )
Renee
Hi B-
Hope you remember me from our cheerleading days when our husbands played flag football together...after catching up on your blog, I thought you might like to know about this blog I've been following...the lady has been cooking GLUTEN FREE food in her crock-pot every single day since January 1! It's really well done and has inspired MANY yummy meals at our house! :)
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
Kay Hoffman
Post a Comment