Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Leaps and Bounds....sniff sniff

Every Sunday evening during the school year, Princess heads off to AWANA's. It's a wonderful program where she experiences bible stories, music, games and they begin verse memorization. She started as a Cubbie 2 years ago, and it's now time to graduate to Sparks. Or as she calls it "Sparkies". They had a little end of year ceremony and I'm not sure what happened to Momma but I got a little choked up with my Cubbie moving on. Husband thinks we're in big trouble if I'm having troubles with processing Cubbie graduation. But here are a few pictures from her big night.

Getting her final award. They earn patches all year long
and this is a ribbon for completing all Cubbie requirements.

Cubbie Bear came to visit

Princess enjoys Mother's Day, I think more than me at this age. She started making plans with Husband about a month ago. I think I've created a Holiday Monster! The day after Mother's Day she asked me what the next holiday is to celebrate. We'll deal with the counseling for that later. So for Mother's Day we have a little tradition of breakfast in bed, which is always well received. This year Husband included a portion for Princess so she doesn't eat all of my breakfast. (he's so smart) After church we went on a picnic. We usually go to a lovely park a few towns over that is filled with every flower imaginable, however I decided this year to embrace the kiddosat this age and go to the park they would enjoy the most, the train park. We had a lovely time and Jimmo especially enjoyed the train.

This video is a little fuzzy but I felt it was worth sharing. This is one of Jimmo's favorite activities with his sister. They have a few silly games they play and hopefully more as he understands more. (pause the music below)

Leaving the picnic area to visit the train

Many of you both local and visitors, have enjoyed this train. Jimmo is getting at the age where he comprehends what a train is, so I think this trip was a bit of a surprise for him that we were riding one. He's probably been on this train at least 20 times before.

Loading on to the train, he's taking everything in still

Our excitement level when the train whistled and took off


Princess riding the carousal while we waited for the train



And this is the kids and I in the hammock while Daddy did the dishes from dinner. Perfect day!

Yesterday was Kindergarten orientation for Princess. Another leap I don't think I'm ready for. But I guess WE have an entire summer to prepare for this. It was a fun afternoon and now she has a visual of her Kindergarten class to think about over these next few summer months. Are any decisions ever easy with parenthood? Well maybe a couple......Should we go get some ice cream? and Should we go to the pool today?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! Very much deserved. And I wonder who is going to be the All-Star mom who comes into kindergarden to "volunteer" - aka monitoring the other kids. No one will mess with Georgia!!! :)

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Definitely yes to ice cream. Definitely.

The Farmer Files said...

aww love that black and white! Our Cubbies graduation is a week from tomorrow. I know what you mean. I am wondering how this happened....where he has gone from being the youngest in the crowd to the not so youngest.

Renee said...

Beautiful pictures! It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

soliluna said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day and you are up for an exciting summer!