Saturday, April 25, 2009

2 Busy Weeks


Another catch up blog :0) AKA - photo dump.


We had a lovely Easter this year. Small smoke out in the kitchen when the ham marinade spilled, but we all survived and so did the food. Princess and I made a craft this year to remember how our Lord died on the cross for us. It was a bit more complicated then necessary (shocker) but it turned out to be something we can keep for years to come. Our Pappy came down to visit. The D's and Uncle Muscles also came over.


A few shots right after church before the children got to disheveled.

After dinner we went out to find the 100 plus eggs that husband hid for the kids. They had a blast. It was a bit muddy so we opted for rain boots with Easter dresses - trend setters!


I wonder if this picture captures their personalities in 10 years!

And we ended the beautiful day with some lamb cake. Hmmm - we'll try again next year.



We had an opportunity arise to visit our cousins (and Aunt B and Uncle J). We knew all week we were going but waited until the evening before we left to tell princess so she didn't stone us for the week with her excitement. Such cruel parents we are. But boy did we have fun! Just a few shots to share. Cousin M and Princess were quite silly together...



Cousin L sure did know how to make Jimmo laugh. Here is a quick snippet of some giggles. Not sure why it's fuzzy, and unfortunately this time I can't blame my camera man.





Daddy walking the rock line with JimmoAnd we ended the evening with a cousin talent show. It was one of their best yet!


Yesterday we decided to take a field trip to the ER. Jimmo took a tumble in the classroom and some how managed to land on top of his sippy cup. Needless to say, the sippy cup won this battle. I was thankfully in the gym of the school when it happened so I got to the nurses office quickly. Poor little guy was quite beaten up and more than a little upset. But luckily, the laceration above his eyelid was at just the right spot where it would heal best on it's own and no stitches required. They also checked his eyeball to make sure there was no damage (took 5 of us to hold him still). During some down time as he watched TV I was able to snag a quick hospital picture on my phone. The results.....he looks like he was struck in the face with a baseball bat but...all is well! Until we learn how to throw those hands out to break our falls, I have a feeling I might be blogging about ER trips more than I would like.

And we'll end with our race today. Jimmo's school had a race for Autism this morning. Dad did the 5K with J and Uncle Muscles. Jimmo, Princess and SG did the Kids Dash. Everyone had a blast - even the wounded!




And they're off! (Uncle Muscles is behind them and peeled away during the race)


Yea Daddy's!!!

A good close up shot...well at least the goose egg and the new wounds are all on the same side! Thanks Pappy for pushing me all morning on the swing!

6 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

That's a lot going on, friend! Glad the ER trip had a happy ending. Nice shiner, Jimmo!

Renee said...

Ouch! I am glad he is okay.

Btw, I love your Easter outfit!

Bringing Up Boys said...

Wow that was a jammed pact two weeks there. So sorry to hear about the trip to the ER - stupid sippy cup. And just when the bump on his head was getting better too.

On a bright note at least now no one will really notice the bump on his head anymore! I know I'm bad. I apologize. Please forgive my twisted sense of inappropriate humor. Michael Scott must be rubbing off on me ;).

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

what fun pics=) poor little sweet guy! i am so sorry for both of you! i'm glad he's well and ya'll look so cute!

Anonymous said...

Now a 5K, that is pretty impressive daddy!! Although the chocolate mile still rocked. Glad Jimmo didn't need stitches. Whew that was a close one!

The Farmer Files said...

Wow a lot going on there! I love your back yard...love the swing, and the play structure. We moved before I ever got to see your new house!