OK so the end of June.....
This last picture was called the Spider man leap. We hooked our carabiners to a rope and swung into this net. Then unhooked the rope and scaled across the net to the next tree platform. Very cool! It was about after this area that we hit a multitude of zip lines. At first I was a bit straight forward with my zipping and then as I got comfortable I decided to get a little adventurous and twist around. Husband was standing at the platform in front of me and I saw him pointing at me and then pointing down to the ground. I was just finishing up one of my gymnastic tricks as I could hear him say.....THE CAMERA...THE CAMERA. So this was a bit of a downer. But if I can take a little break from the story and draw a parallel to my friend R, who just had a similar experience in Hawaii which involved crocodile tears. Oh there were crocodile tears alright. And just like R, Husband tried to make me feel better even though in my case it was COMPLETELY MY FAULT and I should have listened to my dear Husband. He saw where it fell and said he would try and find it - oh he loves me so much! We called over the Acrobranche ranger who was about 3 obstacles over on the ground and yelled to him what happened. He said he would meet us at the bottom. Well I zipped thru those zip lines as fast as I could. We raced to the Acrobranche ranger as he was shaking his head. Of course it was in an area with boulders and small streams. Husband and Mr. Ranger were searching for about 20 minutes and husband yells - FOUND IT - I think. Ahh thank you Jesus - thank you thank you thank you. Is all I cared about was the SD card. He found the battery first and then the beaten up camera. My hero! But R and S....I'm so sorry for your loss and please know that we shared the same tears!
We also rode the alpine luge several times down the mountain side. We might have taken a beverage stop in between at one point. Amazing views. Since most of the vacationers and staff spoke French, it felt like a little bit of a European vacation but with Canadian flags?
This is at the top of the luge trail.
So we have a little break in pictures after this trip as the camera was sent back to Canon to be fixed. I couldn't believe it but it was repaired and good as new in about 2 weeks. LOVE THEM!!! And the moral of this story....listen to your husband. I'll catch on to that some day.
And then there was July......
Our next adventure was to see Pappy and Rhonda's new place in Stone Harbor. Uncle Muscles and Auntie D came along as well. We had a great time at the beach and thankfully Jimmo continues to LOVE the beach. The beach hits all 5 senses and for a sensory seeking child, this is just heaven on earth. He really enjoyed himself and of course princess had a blast. I took a few pictures on my phone so we have a few memories at least!
But Pappy still wears that silly red cap - doesn't he know that all caps should be blue?
We spent the 4th with our Bible Study and the D's house. Wonderful time and a state of the art fireworks show. It just gets better every year! No pics - oops.
Jimmo made a major accomplishment with feeding himself. I finally found a food that motivated him to try and feed himself. It's all about the motivator for him. A new yogurt came out that is coconut milk based and GCFC. Good news - he loves it. Bad news - it's $2.25 for 6 oz. But as you'll see in this video...worth every penny and he can have one every day if he learns to feed himself. We're still working on actually putting yogurt on the spoon but he gets an "A" for effort.
(Turn down the music at the bottom of the page)
Whenever we have a daytime thunderstorm, princess enjoys to watch it on the front porch. We started this when she was a wee little one so she wouldn't be afraid of storms. Well in July we actually had a rainfall without thunder and lightening in the middle of the day. This is quite unusual and I decided - carpe diem! I asked Princess if she wanted to go out and play in the rain. She looked at me like my head was on backwards - "no momma, that's silly" was her actual response. Note to self....loosen up momma. So out we all went and they had so much fun. We played in the driveway for about an hour and then went straight up to a warm bath. Little man had a blast and loves the water on his face. He's a crazy man in the pool and bathtub with submerging his head....again our sensory seeker.
And we ended July with our family beach vacation. We went back to Corolla Light, a family favorite, and had a blast with Husbands entire extended family. Everyone came down from Upstate New York and Connecticut. We played lots of games, played on the beach, played at the pool, did crafts, looked for seashells and ate and ate and ate some more.
Once again, Dad gets a little competitive on this ride!



5 comments:
That video of Jimmo eating was priceless. 1. How long did it take him to finish and 2. I can just see him saying in his head - mom, get out of my space while I am eating my delicious yogurt!! It's so great to see the pics - and cousins have gotten so big!! And finally, Jimi is finally taken after Auntie D with the driving - nice aggressive turn Jimi!!!!
I have read about those peapod things...I want one. But I don't think we are doing anymore traveling for awhile. And as I was reading about your zipline, I was thinking NO NO NO...it is not going to happen. And oh...I felt so badly as I kept reading. And you are far more honest than I am....it was probably a whole lot of my fault that our camera fell. Well, it was a Canon, so there is hope! I am so glad you have such fabulous inlaws that afforded you guys such a fabulous break...couple time. Awww you are so blessed! I am way behind in posting too, but cannot wait to hear about the first day of Kinder!
I love all your photos and I look forward to seeing the video when we get home. I love how you took the kids out in the rain to play!
I understand about the camera -I dropped one on the sidewalk in Alaska last year. At least I still had the memory card even if the camera no longer worked.
Great pics and so proud of Jimmo's eating skills:)I am glad you were able to find your camera and happy to hear it is a Canon! (they are the client that keeps my hubby employed and happy) We love them, they really are great people with outstanding products too! I think every mom has to drop a camera at least once, I dropped and broke ours last Fall. Thank God for understanding hubbies.
Post a Comment