Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Take me out to the ball game....

We kicked off August with a quick road trip to my hometown. It was during the week so it was just me and the kids. One of my high school friends who lives in CA was home to visit, so a bunch of us got together and lounged at the pool. Of course if "lounge" means chasing after little one's all day. The adult to child ratio was 5:11 so we were clearly outnumbered.
One is going up the stairs on the slide and three are sleeping.

Fully protected on our first jump off the diving board.

Husband had a weekend with some college buddies fishing, so I took the kids to visit my mom and Auntie D for a few days. As soon as we walked into Nana's house, Jimmo immediately went to this chair. He did it every time we entered the house and random times throughout the day. He wasn't asking for food, I just think he took a liking to the bright room and a chair he could climb up on by himself. I'm not sure who that crazy woman is behind him in this picture. He He


We had lots of treats including Marshmallow ice cream with gummy bears. Ick! But she enjoyed it. The organic momma in me cringed but I have to let a few slide. Why would marshmallow ice cream be fluorescent yellow???


We visited with some of my college friends at their home and pool, but I forgot my camera - sorry ladies! We also went to Strasburg Railroad with Nana and Auntie D for the day. We took a 45 minute train ride thru Lancaster. Jimmo was a bit hot on the ride, and didn't enjoy it as much as I had anticipated he would. But what I do anticipate is we'll have PLENTY of years that he will enjoy it.

When I can't get a smile, tickling is the next best thing.

Waiting for the train ride to begin with an enormous bag of kettle corn.

Again....not into pictures on this day.

Nana and Georgia catching a hug

Funny random Jimmo story. I took him for a bike ride the other weekend while Daddy and Princess had a lunch date. About 20 minutes into the ride, I kept feeling him hit my back. He often does that when I'm riding so it didn't alarm me. I'm riding around a lake on a rather bumpy trail and as I'm passing people that kept smiling and giving me the "awe" look. I turn around to see this.


I was about 40 minutes from home, and he slept the entire way back until we tried to slowly get him out of the seat.

We did some back to school shopping earlier this week. Haircuts, shoes, and a few last minute items. We were walking out to the car and Princess spotted the ride on vehicles at Sears. Unfortunately her picture on the 4 wheeler didn't turn out too good, but little man got a good shot on a motorcycle. After hubby saw this, I saw Christmas light up in his eyes - oh goodness! I'm thinking we should master a tricycle first...but you never know.
Last night we decided to be a little daring and take the kids to their first Yankees game. They were playing in Baltimore and because we don't get many opportunities to see them, we decided to give it a shot. We purchased inexpensive tickets so it wouldn't be a big loss if we had to leave. The night before we said if we made it thru 3 innings, it would be success. Well we made it to the top of the 4th, so that equals success - right? Of course it took Jimmo 3 innings to eat his dinner, so that gives credit to most of his success. You never know with an event like a ball game, it could go fine or really bad for little man. Between the noise, the loud music, the crowds and the time of the game, odds are not completely in our favor but we're glad we gave it a try. Princess was very excited and yelled with the MANY Yankee fans in the stadium. The hot dog and popcorn also were quite exciting. Although we didn't get to actually watch much baseball, we look forward to more games with the kids.........some day.

Baseball thru Jimmo's eyes - more rice cakes please.....

Princess enjoying time with Daddy.

Not necessarily the Christmas picture, but a family photo of some sort.

This was our first indication that he had enough - can you tell?

Leaving the ball park


That's our girl...Jeter fan.

She begged for this picture.
Sad to say I'm not even sure whose number this is...just that my girl was excited she's five!
It's great to be five!

2 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

Love the FIVE!

Renee said...

Great pictures, especially at the ball game.

The kettle corn at the RR is so good!