Let's start with the Little Man....
Like I said, this is his second year of preschool in the PAC (Preschool Autism Class) program. Is all I have to do is say "Jimmo goes to school today" and I get my 30 tooth grin instantly. God continues to protect me on these days of going back to school. It never fails, but the day before he goes back to school he has a rough day at home. Whether it's a spring break, summer break, Christmas break it's always the same. I'm convinced this is His way of wrapping His arms around me to reassure that we're doing the right thing. So as expected, yestereday he was a bit ugly and today he slept well and woke up happy as a clam.
And here he is so happy to see Miss Terrific Teacher.
I always ask him for a kiss at the kiss and ride line and today I got a very big wet one!And then for Princess....
So because she's afternoon kindergarten, it gives us time in the morning together. This makes me very happy and I feel like I get the best of both worlds. She was very anxious this morning to get dressed in her first day of school outfit. We had a lot of fun picking it out this summer and it's been hanging on her closet door for about 2 weeks now...can we say DIVA? She must get this from her father.
So here is our traditional front door picture.
After the last picture, she starts walking away from the line and walks into the school. I stopped her and asked where she was going and she said - I'm going to find Jimmo. Oh boy. Good luck teachers with our social butterfly! I am now spending my short free time making cookies to have when they get home. And part selfishly because baking is a good thing for me to do on my first day home alone. Happy Back to School everyone!



4 comments:
precious pictures!!!You've done a great job, Mom. Jimmy's smile is amazing!!!And Georgia looks soooooo big!!!
Wow, it was a big day at your house. The kids look adorable, as usual. How sweet that you will have cookies for them when they get home. I am going to have to remember that. Isn’t it sad they I couldn’t think of that on my own?
Awww. Big day! How you holdin' up now? And what did you bake?
Thinking about you this week!! Will give you a call soon.
Much love and hugs to ALL!! Way to go G!!
Post a Comment