Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Little Man

And another year goes by so fast. Jimmo turned FOUR this month. I won't go into all of our proud accomplishments this year since about every other blog entry is a bragging session. We went to our favorite pumpkin farm for the 4th year in a row for his birthday. Each year there is more and more that he enjoys, but as you might remember from last years video, he LOVES the giant pumpkin jumping pillow.



We took the cow train ride again this year.


And yes for some reason at the last minute I jumped in the cow behind him - Nervous Nellie I am!

Georgia and Dad rode bikes around the dirt path obstacle course they set up.



And for the first time we tried the rope swing. Little man thought I was tickling him the whole time - maybe in a few years. But princess got the hang of it.


Of course we always enjoy the slides
We did miss the pig race this year, which is always a hoot, however we made sure that we got our delicious apple dumpling. I seriously might drive an hour just for this dumpling. Every year I say I'm going to recreate this thing and make it for Thanksgiving dessert....maybe this year.


And Kids - look what happens when you don't eat your vegetables!
For dinner we had Jimmo's absolute favorite meal - MEATLOAF. Oh and this isn't your momma's meatloaf (no offense mom), it has horseradish, Dijon mustard, mushrooms and all kinds of yummy things in it. He seriously eats more than his Momma on meatloaf night. We had some GFCF cupcakes, that he didn't really care for - why do I try on the sweets with this boy? And then some presents!


And finally for fun....a few things we're up to. One of Jimmo's favorite things to do at home is Starfall on the computer. It's a great program that covers letter recognition to comprehensive reading. Princess has done it for some time and Jimmo is just loving that he gets to sit up and do it with her like a big boy. She goes thru the letters and he claps for more. When Mom or Dad do it with him, he puts his hand on the mouse and we say "click" and he presses it. We just have to maneuver it to the right place to click each time. He's very proud but now every time we're at the computer he's basically begging to join you! Dad caught a good shot of them working on letters together.

And finally we're doing Hippotherapy again this fall. We signed up with a therapeutic riding farm that is a bit closer and has evening classes so we don't interfere with school. I have a feeling it is going to get mighty cold in the evenings come November. The first class he did great, the second one - well he literally fell asleep and was snoring on the horse. Since then we always try to get naps on Thursday afternoons and he's doing great. He rides forward, backwards, side ways and now on his knees. He rides either one of the two smaller horses - Peaches or Cinder for 45 minutes. And then Princess has the privilege of feeding the horse apples afterwards. Here are a two quick shots from two weeks ago.


His overall physical strength has greatly improved this year. We're still looking for some better core control so hoping this fills the gap. This fall he's riding with a PT and as he gets stronger, we can eventually switch to riding with a speech therapist.

Happy Birthday sweet boy - you're a gift to us each and every day.






5 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Happy Birthday, Jimmo! Sending you love from the Southland!

The Farmer Files said...

happy Birthday! Your family is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on another spectacular year!

Tracey

soliluna said...

Happy Belated birthday Jimmo- I love the Starfall website too! Your pumpkin farm visit looks so fun!

Renee said...

Great pictures! That farm looks like so much fun. Too bad I didn't see this post sooner. You know I would have driven out there on Monday. : ) I am going to try the computer game tomorrow.

yeah for Jimmo on a great year last year and a great one to come this year. What a wonderful little boy he is.