After his birthday, the month just slipped away on me.
We'll start with a medical update. The Tuesday after Little Man's birthday, he had a seizure early in the morning. It appears it was a short series of seizures and most likely he started in the early morning. They were non-convulsive but I knew something was very wrong and called 911 immediately. It wasn't until the EMT arrived that it was confirmed. After getting an IV and Valium, he was very sedated and basically slept the entire day. After a few tests, pricks and scans, it was confirmed that the seizure was not related to a sickness. 20% of FXS boys have seizures so we knew at that point it was most likely part of his syndrome. We got a very fast and intense training on seizures and now know his odds are over 50% that he'll have another one. We had an EEG completed last week and the neurologist suggested due to some spike wave discharges that a daily medication for seizure disorder was needed. We are going up to Kennedy Krieger on 12/2 for a second opinion, as this medication has tons of side affects and he would be on it for a minimum of two years. Jimmo went back to school a couple weeks later. We had to ensure the staff was trained and a care plan was in place for the medication to administer in case of another seizure. He's very happy to return to school and just in time to enjoy a couple more weeks with Miss Terrific Teacher before she has a baby.
And then we blinked and Halloween was here. I'm a bit crazy over Halloween and have passed this
gene on to my Princess. Funny enough I've watched my Hubby morph into a Halloween fan, but it's probably just to make his wife happy, which it does! We carved our pumpkins and hung our giant spider web out front. Hubby bought a fire pit to have in the bottom of our driveway. Little man doesn't enjoy trick or treating much so we thought it would be a fun alternative to greet our fellow trick or treaters and enjoy the evening.
And what a special treat to have Halloween this year on a Saturday. This gave us extra time to enjoy the day. We kicked it off with a rally for the local gubernatorial candidate - Bob McDonnell. Here is Princess with a well known mascot at the rally. Happy to report the morning after the election that WE WON!We then went to a local park and rode the Ghost Train, formerly known as the Boo Train. This has been a family tradition for a few years. Jimmo especially loves the train ride and Princess enjoys the candy at the end. Here is a quick shot of us waiting (and waiting) in line. This was at 10AM in the morning, I can't even imagine what the line is later.
Later that afternoon, Hubby eagerly got everything set up with the fire pit and I made some yummy snacks and warm drinks for our evening....and then the rain came. BOO HOO! Maybe next year (sniff sniff). At the last minute we (Husband, Nana and myself) decided to dress up as well. Just like the old days when you dressed up with things from around the house and not a $30 (or more) costume from Halloween Express. I went as a cat, Hubby was Bob the Builder (princess came up with that one) and Nana, well Nana went as fan to the "other" team of the World Series.
Presenting - Miss Madeline....one of our favorite book series
and Little Monkey - year 2 - doesn't enjoy the hood of course
Madeline with a kitty cat
Nana and Madeline
The crew ready to go
Bob the Builder and his pet kitty



4 comments:
I thought about you on Halloween and wished you lots of fun. I'm sorry to hear about the seizures. Bummer. Sending all of you hugs!!!
Cute!
Sorry to hear about the seizures. Hopefully the second opinion will provide clarity and comfort.
Looks like a fun Halloween! I just heard about the ghost train - we'll try and remember it for next year.
LOL we love Madeline here, too. I had so many Madeline books from when I taught that J1 has found them and adored them. ;) I loved them as a little girl, too.
I LOVE the costumes!
Post a Comment