Princess has devised a creative strategy to get around a rule that she often struggles with. When I'm on the phone, she is not supposed to interrupt (a common rule in most homes I'm sure). And as probably most of you know, she struggles with this rule. In the past 2 months she has started writing notes to me in her Kindergartenesque way. It's just the sweetest thing and I encourage her to do it often. I've saved a few that are just priceless. But back to her creative strategy.....so while I'm on the phone, if she has something to tell me (which by the way - she ALWAYS does) she now writes me a note. I've gotten notes that say - Can I wash a shew and Wat is fir diner. LOVE IT!
So on Monday night I was heating up some zucchini and snap peas in a pan with a little olive oil for a stir fry while coloring at the island with Princess. Suddenly we both looked up with crinkled noses due to a terrible smell....oh it was bad. Jimmo had walked in and he did not wait for his
potty time on this occasion. I won't get into the ugly details but it was a grab him, run upstairs and soon after start the bath. Princess helped by grabbing a bag for the damage and brought it back down to the trash. As I'm almost done washing Jimmo off, Princess brings in this picture and says, "Momma, look at the picture I drew".

Translation: POP! The Stove is burning!
"Stay with your brother" is what I'm saying as I'm sprinting down the stairs. With all the commotion of the leaking diaper, I left the vegetables on the stove top. (OK we've all done something similar at one point...right?) Luckily they were on a medium/low heat and just got a little more done then we would prefer...but what was I thinking...ugh! The snap peas put off a popping noise as they sizzled in the pan which apparently made my 5 year old think to herself, "I'm going to draw a picture of this (twice), write out what is happening and then bring it to Momma and show her, she'll be so proud." I couldn't help but to then laugh at her creativeness but we definitely had to talk about important vs. unimportant information, the dangers of the stove and a great opportunity to discuss how Mommies are not perfect!
5 comments:
So funny! And adorable! And ewwww. :-)
She is such a sweet girl! So funny that she drew a picture of the stuff on the stove!
how adorable! such a lil smartie :)
Awesome!!!
You have me laughing so hard right now just picturing it all! The life of a mom just doesn't get any better than that! She is so precious, not to mention a great creative writer and artist! You should have her take the drawing to "show and tell" at school!
Post a Comment