Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter Activities.....what to do

Our school district had teacher service days Monday and Tuesday so we've (the kids and I) had a 4 day weekend. Because we were busy in December, we've kind of been gun shy on making any plans in January so we've been staying low. But we did manage to do a few fun things that I thought a quick blog post with pics was worthy of.

For Field Trip Friday I took Princess ice skating for the first time. She's been asking since we watched it on TV a few months ago. We met some friends and had a blast. She repeated the same comment over and over the first time around the rink - "I didn't know it was going to be so slippery". I laughed how innocent their minds are and how easy things look.

pre-game




Our little Dorothy Hamilton (does that date me?)

The girls wanted to go a round by themselves (glued to the wall basically). This gave the moms a few laps on the rink by ourselves. Felt like I was in 7th grade again!


On Saturday we had a bit (or I had a bit) of "get me out of the house syndrome", so we decided to bundle up the kids and walk up to the library. Interesting with the wind and the wagon but we accomplished what we went for - books! Here are the kiddos as we wheeled back in the driveway - can you tell if someone is faking it? Who knew the library could be so exhausting for preschoolers.



And then today, our MOPS group had a fun indoor activity scheduled at a local Bounce House. Conveniently Jimmo was off from school. As you might remember from his birthday video, he loves bounces of any type. They're faces were priceless when we walked in. The desk attendant looked at me and said - this is why I love my job. It was basically a huge warehouse filled with about 10 bounce houses/slides/basketball hoops - you name it. Some of them were quite high. I didn't get to take many pictures since I was running after Jimmo most of the time, but here are a few. (thanks Renee) Hmmmm I'm seeing a future birthday party for our little tigger boy.



4 comments:

Renee said...

Today was so much fun! I am glad your kids enjoyed it.

You look good on skates. I would be hugging the wall like the little girls.

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

I'm so jealous of all that fun y'all are having without me. :-)

The Farmer Files said...

Love her skating outfit! I bet I would be a wall hugger!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is your Georgia is just the most beautiful littl girl... one of my bestfriends in the neighborhood has a baby Georgia. She was born in June. Super flipping cute as well... I LOVE your white sock story. Hope you are all doing well. XOXO Liz Disper